Tuesday 10 May 2011

Vietnam: Day 2

Today, we had to be on the bus by 8:30 in the morning, 15 minutes after we had to be up yesterday.  Dr. Berman was impressed that we were all up ready to go early yesterday, and let us sleep a little longer today.  After getting up and showering, Austin and I went down to breakfast.  I decided to get eggs this morning; a few of the kids who went on the Vietnam Plus3 trip last year told us that the eggs in the hotel were impeccable (and indeed they were pretty damn good).

At UEF we had a presentation on Vietnam about its economic status, social status, expectations for the future, etc.  The presentation was extremely informative and gave me a better understanding of the economy, society, and urban planning in Ho Chi Minh City.  Following the presentation, we had our second day of Vietnamese language class with the UEF students and our teacher, going over what we learned yesterday and adding some new phrases (how are you, I’m fine, etc).

Motorbikes of the UEF students

Our first company visit was today: Phu My Hung Corporation.  Tom, Maia, and I had Phu My Hung as our company for our pre-departure presentation; thus, we headed the discussion and asked questions following the informational presentation about the company.  We took a bus tour following the Q & A session and realised just how beautiful and amazing the Phu My Hung area is.

Display model of the Phu My Hung area of District 7 in Ho Chi Minh City
Me standing on the balcony at Phu My Hung Cooperation overlooking District 7

Tonight, we had dinner with some of the UEF students—it was really good (and inexpensive, too!).  We went to YogenFruz for frozen yogurt after dinner also.  It was similar to Razzy Fresh, but they blended the fruit in with the frozen yogurt, which was awesome.  See you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment